You might be familiar with the richest men in the world, according to Forbes. Forbes list is limited to wealth gotten through business only, either by inheritance or self made. It doe not include those gotten through politics or heading national governments.
For this reason, Forbes richest men are celebrated. Because it is indeed difficult to create so much value, and be repaid by being one of the richest men in the world.
It is the opposite for politicians. People that have access to power. Because there is a high likelihood the power is abused, and corruption and cronyism happen. This of course, does not always happen. There have been presidents and head of states/governments that became wealthy via inheritance or they were self made.
Here are the top 10 richest presidents and head of states or governments in 2020.
1. Vladimir Putin – Net Worth: $70 billion
With a net worth of over $70 billion dollars, Putin is currently the richest president or head of government in the world. Vladimir Putin is the president of Russia, and is currently serving his second term.
2. Sultan of Brunei – Net Worth: $20 billion
3. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan – Net Worth: $18 billion
Al Nahyan is the Emir of Abu Dhabi, and also the President of the United Arab Emirates.
4. King Salman of Saudi Arabia – Net Worth: $17 billion
5. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – Net Worth: $14 billion
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid is the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and the ruler of Dubai. He owns almost 100% of Dubai Holdings.
6. Mohammed Bin Salman – Net Worth: $10 billion
Mohammed Bin Salman is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, and is currently in charge of the country’s administration. He is Saudi Arabia’s future king.
7. Kim Jong-Un – Net Worth: $5 billion
8. Prince of Liechtenstein – Net Worth: $3.5 billion
Hans Adam, name shortened, is the Prince of Liechtenstein. He has broad powers as the head of state. Powers like introduction of legislation and veto of laws passed by the parliament.
9. Donald Trump – Net Worth: $3.1 billion
The 45th President of the United States, Trump is worth over 3.1 billion dollars. He was a businessman and television personality before entering politics.
10. Mohammed VI – Net Worth: $2.5 billion
Mohammed VI is the King of Morocco. He ascended to the throne after his father, King Hassan II, died in 1999.